06 June 2013

Miles is really freaking upset right now. Or as Grandma Susie would say, "upsot." You'd think she could do me a solid and send an extra angel to nuzzle the little guy, seeing as she's the one who got me into this double-the-love situation in the first place. Brb.

Well, in a strange turn of events, Miles is knocked out after his little freakout, and Max is now terribly upsot. Sheesh. Can't we all just get along?

We're sleep-training, can you tell? I hate to do it. I really do. I'd much prefer to just keep them in bed with me and nurse them and eventually lay them gently in their cribs where they'll sleep peacefully all night. That has happened with one of my babies, but she was exceptional. The others, well...I'm sorry, tiny people, but we all have to learn how to sleep. And for crying out loud (heh), you shared a womb. You can share a room. I think I'll letter that on a canvas. Adorable.

It's quiet! I'm just going to keep typing and hope that the silence contin - nope. Gotcha, Mama! Okay. Where was I?

Tomorrow is Friday. I've been 30 for one week. I have't slept much since turning 30. I should have bought into the sleep training two weeks ago. Then I could just start my thirties off right, with five children who know what's up. As it happens, I'm a terrible planner.

Andrew and Dog are in the family room attempting to sleep. I doubt they're getting much of it, but I have it on good authority that he took a couple Tylenol PM (Andrew, not Dog) and that may help. No sense in two of us wandering around like zombies tomorrow.

We have no plans for the weekend. If things continue like this, we'll be mucking through the next few nights and trading off for daytime sleep for most of the weekend. Being sleep training veterans, we've got The Plan down pretty well. I don't need as much sleep as The Daddy, so I usually do the night work. Since The Dad has to work tomorrow and I can moan on the couch and text Katherine about how tired I am, Thursday night is mine. I went to Jazzercise (dude, that class is killing me) tonight so that I could miss tomorrow morning, just in case things are truly dicey around here.

Kind of nice getting a little blogging in. I know it's been ages. I also haven't returned more than four emails in the past 6 months, so if you've received an email from me, you're highly favored. If you're waiting for an email from me, I would check your inbox in about 4 or 5 months.

In other news, Lucy is done with Kindergarten! Yesterday was her last day, so we spent today trying to get our bearings and not go insane. I think that by Monday things will be running a little smoother around here. Well, assuming everyone has slept more than a 1-hour stretch by then.

Okay. This is not going well. I need to Google.

1 comment:

emily said...

Hi Laura-

I just visited your blog after a year away... Wow! What a beautiful family you have! You are such a gracious mommy! Congrats on the babes!